RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARDS CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) No.01/2018
(Recruitment of RAILWAY ALP TECHNICIANS RECRUITMENT 2018 )
CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) No.01/2018
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has released the official Notification of Recruitment RAILWAY ALP TECHNICIANS RECRUITMENT 2018 . The Total Number of vacancies is 26502.
Railway Recruitment Board Among its various posts, Railway conducts Assistant Loco Pilots & Technicians in various units and with its latest notification RAILWAY ALP TECHNICIANS RECRUITMENT 2018 on official website, Railway has 17,673 vacant seats in Assistant Loco Pilots(ALP) and 8,829 vacant seats for the post of Technicians to offer to all the aspirants interested to serve in Railway.
RAILWAY ALP TECHNICIANS RECRUITMENT 2018 IMPORTANT DATES:
- Date of publication: 03.02.2018.
- Date & Time of Closing: 05.03.2018 up to 23.59 Hrs.
- First stage Computer Based Test (CBT): Tentatively scheduled during April and May, 2018.
- Dates for other stages of recruitment process shall be intimated through RRB’s website.
- ONLINE applications are invited on http://www.rly-rect-appn.in/alptech2017/ from eligible candidates for the posts of Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians.
- Applications complete in all respect should be submitted ONLINE ONLY before 23.59 hrs of 05.03.2018.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR RAILWAY ALP TECHNICIANS RECRUITMENT 2018:
- Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date for submitting application.
- Candidates waiting for results of prescribed educational qualification should not apply.
1) Applications are to be submitted ONLINE through RRB websites listed in Para 19.0 ONLY. One application ONLY is
required to be submitted for all the notified posts in this CEN. Any attempt by a candidate to submit more than one application against this CEN shall result in disqualification and debarment.
2) Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE
Application.If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/ incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith.
3) Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for. Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not be given any alternative appointment.
4) Scale of pay Level 02 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of `19900/- plus other allowances as admissible.
5) Age(as on 01.07.2018): 18 – 28 Years – Refer para 5.1 for age relaxations.
6) Stages of Exam: There shall be two stages examination (First stage CBT and Second Stage CBT) common for ALP and Technician. In addition , candidates who have opted for ALP and qualified in Second Stage CBT have to undergo Computer Based Aptitude Test (AT). Marks will be normalized in all the stages of exam.
7) Selection of RRB and Preferences for posts: Candidates may please note that the RRB wise, Railway wise vacancies indicated in this CEN are provisional and these may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway
administrations. Accordingly, RRBs will publish updated Vacancy Table on their websites indicating the RRB wise vacancy against various Railways/ Production units and posts after the completion of First Stage CBT. Candidates who secure marks, equal to or above the Minimum Qualifying Marks prescribed for various community / categories (refer Para 13.1) in the First Stage CBT shall be advised to exercise their option for RRB and preference of Railways and Posts withinthe chosen RRB. These candidates may study the updated Vacancy Table and exercise the options ONLINE as per their eligibility (Qualification Medical Standard etc) for various posts. It may be noted that candidates can choose only one RRB and indicate their preference of Railway Units and posts against vacancies notified for thechosen RRB only.
8) After candidates submit their option for specific RRB/Railway & Posts, RRB wise shortlisting of candidates for Second Stage CBT shall be done at the rate of 15 times (may increase or decrease as per the the requirement of Railway
Administration) the updated vacancies for that RRB. The short listing for Second Stage CBT will be based on the merit of candidates in First Stage CBT. The RRB wise short listed candidates for Second Stage CBT shall be advised through the websites of RRBs as well as personal communication to the registered mobile number and email to download their e call
letter for appearing in the Second Stage CBT.
9) Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in First and Second Stage CBT. 1/3rd of the
marks allotted for each question shall be deducte for each wrong answer. There be no negative marking for Computer Based Aptitude Test.
10) Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other commun.
devices or pen/pencil are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations.
11) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones etc. to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
12) Candidates should have their own mobile number and valid & active personal email id and keep them active for the entire duration of recruitment as RRBs shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and email till the recruitment is completely over. RRBs will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT 2018 Vacancies 46502:
The RRB wise summary of provisional vacancies in ALP and various posts of Technicians is furnished below for immediate reference. Further candidates may please note these vacancies may increase or decrease as per the
requirement of Railway Administration. Accordingly, RRBs will publish Updated Vacancy Table again on their websites indicating the RRB wise revised vacancies against various Railways/Production Units and posts after the completion of First Stage CBT. The parameters (Qualification, Medical Standard andSuitability of the post for PWD etc) of various posts included in the CEN is at Annexure Aand the RRB wise post wise vacancy for all the notified posts is at Annexure B.
Total no of vacancies 26502
AGE LIMIT FOR RAILWAY ALP TECHNICIANS RECRUITMENT 2018:
18 to 28 years.
The lower and upper age limit is common for all the notified posts and the same shall be reckoned as on 01.07.2018.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS ASSISTANT LOCO PILOT AND TECHNICIANS :
RAILWAY ALP TECHNICIANS RECRUITMENT 2018 Candidates should have the Educational /Technical qualifications indicated for notified posts in the CEN from recognized Institute/University as on the closing date for submission of the ONLINE application. Annexure-A may be referred for the prescrib qualification against each of the posts. Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribe educational/technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply. Diploma/Degree in Engineering will not be accepte in lieu of course completed Act Apprenticeship / ITI for the post of Technicians unless otherwise specified. Graduate Act Apprentice will not be accepted in lieu of Course Completed Act Apprenticeship (CCAA).
ALP AND TECHNICIAN Examination fee:
For all candidates except the fee concession categories mentione below at SNo. 2 is 500/-
2 250/-* For Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class.
*This fee of ` 250 shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges as applicable, on
appearing in First Stage CBT.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION RAILWAY ALP TECHNICIANS RECRUITMENT 2018 :
Only single online application (common to all the notified posts- ALP & Technicians) has to be submitted by thecandidate through the link provided on the official website of RRBs.
The entire recruitment process shall involve, First stage CBT, Second stage CBT, Computer Based Aptitude Test and Document Verification as applicable.The date, time and venue for all the activities viz First stage CBT, Second stage CBT, Computer Based AT and DV or any other additional activity as applicable shall be fixed by the RRBs and shall be intimated to the eligible candidate in due course. Request for postponement of any of the above activity or for change of venue, date and
shift will not be entertained under any circumstances.
First Stage CBT (Common for ALP/Technician)
Duration: 60 Min,
No of Questions: 75
Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories : UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST -25%. These
percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PWD candidates in case of shortage of PWD candidates against vacancies reserved for them. The First Stage CBT is of screening nature and the standard of questions for the CBT will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and/or minimum technical qualifications prescribed for the posts. The score of first stage exam shall be used only for short listing of candidates for second stage exam as per their merit. Candidates who are shortlisted for Second Stage CBT availing the reservation benefits of a community shall continue to be
considered only against that community for all subsequent stages of recruitment process.
ALP AND TECHNICIANS Syllabus for first stage CBT
Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple n Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
b. General Intelligence and Reasoning:
Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships,
Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making,
Similarities and Differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and
c. General Science
The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level.
d. General awareness on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and other subjects of importance.
Second Stage CBT exam:
Short listing of Candidates for the Second Stage CBT exam shall be based on the normalized marks obtained by them in the First Stage CBT Exam. Total number of candidates to be shortlisted for second stage shall be 15 times the community wise total vacancy of ALP and Technician Posts notified against the RRB as per their merit in First Stage CBT. However, Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this limit in total or for any specific trade(s) as required to ensure availability of adequate candidates for all the notified posts.
Total Duration:2 hours and 30 Minutes (for Part Aand Part B together)
The Second Stage CBT shall have two parts viz Part Aand Part B as detailed below.
Duration: 90 Min,
No of Questions: 100
Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST -25%. These
percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PWD candidates in case of shortage of PWD candidates
against vacancies reserved for them. The marks scored in Part A alone shall be used for short listing of candidates for further stages of recruitment process
subject to the condition that the candidate is securing qualifying mark in Part B.
syllabus for Part A shall be as below
a. Mathematics Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio andProportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple andCompound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
b. General Intelligence and Reasoning Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and decision making, Similarities and differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
c. Basic Science and Engineering
The broad topics that are covered under this shall be Engineering Drawing (Projections, Views, Drawing Instruments, Lines, Geometric figures, Symbolic Representation), Units, Measurements, Mass Weight and Density, Work Power
and Energy, Speed and Velocity, Heat and Temperature, Basic Electricity, Levers and Simple Machines, Occupational Safety and Health, Environment Education, IT Literacy etc.
d. General Awareness on Current Affairsin Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
Duration: 60 Min,
No of Questions: 75
Qualifying Mark: 35 % (This is applicable to all candidates and no relaxation is permissible)
This part is qualifying in nature and shall have questions from the trade syllabus prescribed by Director General ofEmployment & Training (DGET). Candidates with ITI/Trade Apprenticeship qualification will be required to appear in the section having questions from the relevant trade. Candidates holding Degree, Diploma and HSC (10+2) having eligibility for the posts of ALP have to select relevant trade from the list of trades listed against their engineering discipline/HSC
(10+2). The trade syllabus can be obtained from the DGET website. The relevant trades for various engineering discipline /HSC (10+2) for appearing in the qualifying test is as below:
Education qualification for ALP and Technician:
Engineering Discipline(Diploma/Degree) Relevant trade for PART B Qualifying Test to be selected from
1 Electrical Engineering and combination of various streams of Electrical Engineering—>
Electrician / Instrument Mechanic / Wiremen
/Winder(Armature) / Refrigeration and Air
2. Electronics Engineering and combination of various streams of Electronics Engineering—‘>
Electronics Mechanic / Mechanic Radio & TV
3. Mechanical Engineering and combination of various streams of Mechanical Engineering –>
Fitter / Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Tractor Mechanic / Mechanic Diesel / Turner / Machinist / Refrigeration and Air
Conditioning Mechanic/ Heat Engine / Millwright Maintenance Mechanic
4. Automobile Engineering and combination of various streams of Automobile Engineering—>
Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Tractor Mechanic / Mechanic Diesel / Heat Engine /
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
5. HSC(12th) with Physics and Maths —> Electrician / Electronics Mechanic / Wireman.
Details of various RRBs and their Website Address are indicated below:
Name of RRBWebsite Address and Telephone Numbers Guwahati www.rrbguwahati.gov.in Phone: 0361 – 2540815 Jammu Srinagar www.rrbjammu.nic.in Phone : 0191-2476757 Kolkata www.rrbkolkata.gov.in Phone: 033 – 25430108 Malda www.rrbmalda.gov.in Phone : 03512-264567 Mumbai www.rrbmumbai.gov.in Phone : 022-23090422 Muzaffarpur www.rrbmuzaffarpur.gov.in Phone : 0621-2213405Patnawww.rrbpatna.gov.in Phone: 0612-2677680 Ranchi www.rrbranchi.gov.in Phone : 0651-2462429 Secunderabad www.rrbsecunderabad.nic.in Phone : 040-27821663 Siliguri www.rrbsiliguri.org Phone : 0353-2663840 Thiruvanthapuram www.rrbthiruvananthapuram.gov.in Phone : 0471-2323357 Name of RRB Website Address and Telephone Numbers Ahmedabad www.rrbahmedabad.gov.in Phone : 079-22940858 Ajmer www.rrbajmer.gov.in Phone: 0145 – 2425230 Allahabad www.rrbald.nic.in Phone : 0532-2224531 Bangalore www.rrbbnc.gov.in Phone: 080 – 23330378 Phone: 080 – 23334147 Bhopal www.rrbbpl.nic.in Phone : 0755-2746660 Bhubaneswar www.rrbbbs.gov.in Phone : 0674-2303015 Bilaspur www.rrbbilaspur.gov.in Phone : 07752-247291 Chandigarh www.rrbcdg.gov.in Phone: 0172 – 2730093Chennai www.rrbchennai.gov.in Phone : 044-28275323 Gorakhpur www.rrbgkp.gov.in Phone : 0551-220120920.0